Jul 5, 2013

Out with the old, in with the new

I launched Welcome Real-time in 1996, saw it grow nicely over the next decade, then left in 2008 for new adventures which would ultimately lead to Taggo. Putting my heart and soul into Welcome for over a decade obviously left marks. Baggage after so many years becomes heavy to carry around.

A friend of mine, Joanna Ash, recently sensed that I was still carrying around heavy stuff related to Welcome, and that it was more than time to move on.

I've been aware of the heaviness of that period and have specifically focused on making Taggo as light as possible, in order to break with the whole paradigm that I built into Welcome. I even changed my workout routines to do less of the heavy weight lifting I've always enjoyed, and more higher rep/lower weight routines with more movement.



And yet, something was still stuck.

And as Taggo is now reaching a similar point to where Welcome was in 2000, just before everything really took off, I've been sensing a real need to get Welcome out of my system once and for all.

A Spring cleaning if you like. Out with the old, in with the new.

Joanna suggested that I find something from the Welcome period and burn it as a way of symbolically releasing the energy. Now, in my own intuitive coaching activities I've also made the same suggestion to friends carrying around memories of old jobs they had loved and poured everything into. But I had never thought of applying this to myself.

I found two boxes of my old Welcome Real-time name cards and decided to burn them. Symbolically, the name cards are perfect. In essence, it is my old identity as founder of Welcome that I will be releasing, leaving room for everything new in my life.

The decision was made Monday, almost five days ago, when I finally found the old name cards hiding away quietly in an old box.

There was a bit too much breeze on Tuesday. Then it was raining lightly on Wednesday. Same on Thursday. So today, five days later, it still wasn't done.

What's funny is that there is a traditional Chinese temple right across the street, with a permanently burning chimney in the courtyard. I walk in front of it several times a day. The chimney is there for people to burn offerings to their ancestors. It's constantly going. And my mind conveniently ignored this amazingly simple solution. Further demonstrating how I'm holding on to things.

I finally put the name cards in the fire this morning.

So now it's done.

Out with the old. In with the new.

No comments: